Short-Term Rental & Specialty Dwellings

Looking for Rental, Vacant Property or Short Term Home Rental Insurance in Jacksonville or any other part of Florida?

If you own a rental property in Jacksonville or a home that happens to be vacant, a traditional homeowners insurance policy will NOT work for you.

You need what’s called a “Specialty Dwelling” insurance policy.

This is because traditional homeowners insurance excludes coverage for properties that are not owner-occupied.

In other words, if you don’t live in the house, it’s only covered by a specialty dwelling policy or short-term rental policy.

Deer Insurance Agency represents several carriers who can insure your rental property, or specialty use property. More importantly, we have a carrier with a specific program for AirBnB and other type of short-term rentals.

Specialty Dwelling Insurance

There are multiple scenarios where specialty dwelling insurance is necessary:

Short-Term Rental Properties — Short-Term Rental insurance is the only type of policy that will truly work for these type of property. Ask us about the special program with lots of features and coverages to protect YOU, the owner.

There are certain specific coverages that you need as the owner of a non-owner occupied property that are only provided by these type of policies or a specialty dwelling insurance policy. Give us a call, we would love to help.

Vacant Homes — vacant homes can present all kinds of problems which is why they can be extremely difficult to insure. Most insurance companies want nothing to do with a property that is vacant. We can help you though.

Seasonal & Vacation Homes — in many cases, in order to insure a secondary, seasonal, or vacation property, most companies require that you insure your primary residence with them as well, which isn’t always possible.

Older & Lower Value Homes — if your home is extremely old and/or the market value is considerably lower than the cost to rebuild it, many insurance companies may hesitate to cover it. Older or lower-valued properties present a number of problems, but we have access to specialty policies specifically for these types of homes.

Credit Problems — some homeowners might not have strong enough credit to qualify for a “standard” homeowners policy. When this is the case, specialty dwelling insurance is the alternative.

Homes Under Construction — in some situations your renovation, addition, or reconstruction project may require a specialty dwelling policy.

How to get started on your quote

If you live in Jacksonville and have a property that fits these parameters, give us a call and we can quote your property to see who has the best product for you.